Sunday, April 25, 2010

Farmer's Market

Saturday started out with me checking out a new class. Step aerobics. I used to do this class years ago and loved it so much but I had not seen anything about this in a long time. I was reading over the class schedule for my gym this past week and guess what? They have a step class in the morning at 8AM. Now, I am not thrilled about the idea of getting up so early in the morning on the weekend but I am so glad I did. It was a fun, energetic class. Everyone was friendly and in high spirits. The teacher was a spit fire. I adored her and she made me excited to kick it up a notch and try really hard. Talk about fun! I enjoyed myself so much that I think I will make this a weekly thing. I have knee issues and they were sore afterwards but not to the point that I cannot do it once a week. So, I am in!

After the class, I went home and showered then met my friend http://gastric-girl.blogspot.com/ who I have know for many years now. She took me to a farmer's market downtown in Houston. It was so amazing! It is so overwhelming because there is just so much to look at. I wanted to buy one of everything but of course my apartment fridge won't hold 1/4 of it and my stomach could not hold the rest... it is just too much. I think I will be visiting this spot once a week or at least once every other week. The picture below was just one small corner of the place. It was sooo neat and inviting.


For dinner I made a lot of food using the fresh items I bought at the market. The only thing I bought at HEB (one of my two favorite grocery stores) was the tortillas, cheese, and sour cream. Nice. I can save so much money each week by driving to the farmer's market. It is worth the gas. David loved the dinner and took the leftovers to work for his lunch. MMM...

1 comment:

  1. That does look delicious! :) I am looking forward to going to the Farmer's Market again soon as well! They have a website, so maybe we can find out what time they open and get there earlier! :)

    Huggles!

    ReplyDelete