Monday, April 5, 2010

Food Rules

Well, my journey begins. I have read things here and there about eating, exercise and health so I know what I should do on certain levels but I want to live it, breathe it, be it!!! I want it to be my new pasttime (hobby) because I want to be the best that I can be finally. I have spent too many years overweight and not caring. My goal is to calmly learn and explore my options and find something I can live with for the rest of my life.

I started reading, Food Rules by Michael Pollan today and I am enjoying it so far. It is an easy read and makes perfect sense. It is just a lot to remember so I am sure that I will be revisiting this book again and again throughout my days. He writes about 64 rules that we should follow. I know that this sounds overwhelming but it isn't. Many of them are just a one or so line common sense statement. I am enjoying it!

I signed up for Weight Watchers also because I need something to help keep me accountable throughout my journey. I know their program is good and I can make changes or adapt what I am doing with it fairly easily. My weigh-ins are every Thursday evening at 6:30PM (central time). I am sure it will be up and down but my goal is more down than up. I need to lose 100 - 120 pounds total. (I have already lost 120 pounds by having gastric by-pass surgery two years ago and now it is all up to me for the next 120 pounds).

I am open to any blogs you want to recommend or tips you would like to share. My goal is to be as natural and clean-eating as possible without being vegetarian (many dishes are fine and I do enjoy them) or vegan. Unfortunately, I do love my meat. Thanks for listening to me and I hope that if you are wanting the same things, we can do this together.  ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment