Monday, April 19, 2010

So Simple!

I am still reading and trying to drown myself in health but I know that this is all a work-in-progress. I seem to take one step forward and two steps back. It is so true that we are our own worst enemy, sigh... I am determined to make this life change though and stick with it.

Tonight I put canola oil, onion, garlic, arugula and spinach in a pan and cooked it down. It was sooo yummy! I could eat this all the time. I will cut back on the oil though because it was a little too shiny and I know that I would enjoy it just as much with less. I will be making this a couple times a week. Sooo good...



After reading the book Skinny Bitch I am not a big fan of meat anymore. I will still eat it but I will definitely cut down on it and look for the organic brands. So many things are in what we eat and drink. It is scary when you sit down and focus on that. I was sick after reading Chapter 6 and had to put the book down for a bit so that I could calm down. It was bad and should stop me from eating meat and dairy completely but unfortunately I don't think that is realistic for me. I do like my meat and dairy. Like I said though, I will definitely cut down and look for better choices. David and I love Almond Breeze and Mootopia a lot so we will focus on that for our milk. The cheese is just whole, real cheese - not low fat or 2%. We are going all real. Less additives and preservatives and better tasting overall. The food items are more points in Weight Watchers because of that but worth it in the end. I just have to be a better planner and get creative in my menus. I truly believe these are good choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment